After WWII relatively young ex service personnel were returning to civilian life. As the Sydney Metropolitan Demographic Centre moved towards the south west, the population of veterans in this area increased dramatically.
It soon became evident to the ex service men and women of Panania, an RSL Sub Branch would in many ways assist the community. In accordance with this intention, meetings were convened and after due consideration an inaugural committee elected.
Representations were made to State H.Q. and after the pre requisite of an RSL Sub Branch were established a Charter was granted on the 14th June 1952 and Panania became a member of what was then the Returned Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen’s Imperial League of Australia. In the 60’s, this title was shortened to the present Returned Services League. Whilst the newly formed Sub Branch was off and running, the monthly meetings, associated welfare and community involvement lacked cohesion, the obvious answer being a Club House to hang the Charter and carry on the business of the League.