- a current member of CBCC (Member);
- a non-Member customer acquiring any products or services from The CBCC (Customer);
- a non-Member participant in any CBCC programs including mentoring programs (Participant); and/or
- a visitor (Visitor) to our website, (Website) whether or not you are a Member, Customer or Participant.
You may be both a Member, Customer or Participant and a Visitor.
What personal information do we collect and how?
FOR MEMBERS, CUSTOMERS AND PARTICIPANTS
As a Member, Customer or Participant, we collect personal information including:
- your full name, gender, date of birth and position/role at your organisation;
- the name and ABN of your business;
- your address, mobile phone number and email address; and
- banking/payment details (including your bank and credit card details).
We collect personal information when you provide it to us via the Website, such as when filling out a membership application form, a membership renewal form or registering for an event that we are running. If you are an employee of a Member, Customer or Participant we may also collect your personal information when your employer provides it to us.
As a Visitor, we collect your personal information if:
- you provide to it us on the Website (i.e. entering information into a form or contacting us via the Website);
- you enter and/or participate in a competition or survey of ours; and/or
- if you otherwise contact us by phone, email or mail.
How do we use your personal information?
FOR MEMBERS, CUSTOMERS AND PARTICIPANTS
We use the personal information we collect about you for the purpose of providing products and services to you as business owner, in particular:
- to process and deliver products and services to you (e.g. preparing and delivering documents, managing payments, fees and charges);
- to provide you with information about our products and services you requested and any other products or services that are related to those that you requested information about;
- to personalise and customise the products and services we offer you;
- to understand how we can better serve your needs as a Member, Customer or Participant and those of other Members, Customers and Participants;
- to process payments and transactions relating to your account; and
- to verify your identity for the purposes of protecting the integrity and security of your Member, Customer or Participant account.
We use the personal information we collect about you:
- to respond to your queries and any complaints;
- to send you marketing communications as described below;
- tailor our memberships, products and services to your needs and the needs of businesses with a profile to you;
- to conduct surveys and promotions; and
- for other purposes as permitted or required by law.
Our Website offers functionality allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications relevant to you. We will only send you marketing communications that you choose to receive and by the means that you choose to receive them. If you change your mind you will always have the option to unsubscribe.
Updating and/or accessing your personal information
If you are a Member and have an account on the Website you can access and update your personal information that forms your account profile on the Website by logging into your account. Please ensure you keep your account profile up to date.
Where you cannot do it yourself on the Website, you have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal information at any time by contacting us. There is no charge for making such a request but we may charge a reasonable fee for responding to a request. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving it. If we cannot fulfil your request for any reason we will write back to you and explain why.
Security of your personal information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the CBCC will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information including the use of encryption of in-transit data, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit via the internet.
We also have reasonable security controls in place to protect your personal information once it reaches us, including encryption of data at rest, regular software patching and logging of system access.
Information may be collected through the use of “cookies” on our Website. Cookies are small text files that a website can use in order to recognise visitors who revisit a website so as to facilitate their ongoing access to and use of the website. They enable usage behaviour to be tracked and aggregate data to be compiled that would facilitate more targeted advertising and improved content. Typically, cookies involve the assigning of a unique number to the visitor.
If you have a privacy complaint
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and determine the steps to be taken to resolve the complaint. We will notify you in writing if we require any additional information and also of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not happy with the outcome of our investigation, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) whose contact details can be obtained from the OAIC website noted below in the Further information section.
Our contact information
Canterbury Bankstown Chamber of Commerce
PO Box CP 156
CONDELL PARK NSW 2200
0416 012 747